Sawyer - {Utah Senior Photography}

I love when the Seniors wait until the last minute to do their Senior sessions, lol. Well, no worries! I am always prepared. Sawyer is graduating from Syracuse High School. I was excited to work with a football player, but then he said he didn't want to do the sports look. He doesn't even own his own football. Bummer! So, I had to come up with some new ideas, and in the end we decided to just keep it super simple.

We headed up to one of my fave locations, Snowbasin Ski Resort and Trapper's Loop. It was so GREEN! It was also freezing, lol. We lost the sun pretty quickly as it set behind the peaks, and it got super chilly. I couldn't even feel my fingertips anymore! Thankfully, Sawyer was a good sport and kept a smile on his face the whole time.

At the end, I had something extra special planned. I had just learned how to safely play with fire (keyword: SAFELY!!!) from Idaho photographer Travis Gadsby of The Brink photo studio. So, of course we had to try it out! I made sure I had everything I needed - fire stick, mini torch, bucket of water for dousing fire, background stand and background (which we didn't end up using, but it was there if I needed it), etc. But then, I realized I forgot one of the most important elements - a tripod! Crap! I knew I was going to be doing some long exposures, and there is just no way to do that hand-holding the camera. Well, we figured out we could just put the camera on a lightstand. It wasn't a perfect solution, but it worked okay. The fire was AWESOME! EPIC!! I am definitely going to have to play with this technique more, because it was super fun and really amazing!

Check out some of these amazing portraits from Sawyer's session:


















Comments

Popular Posts