Everyone's Favorite Cat

No, not Garfield, although their appetites are similar. I did another photoshoot with Ender. It's been a while since I put him in front of the camera, so I decided to update his portfolio a bit.

At first, he was being very stubborn. Well, he's cat - what do you expect? I wanted him to curl up on my new fuzzy white rug, but he would have nothing to do with it! I tried throwing little treats on it, and he would retrieve them, but quickly jump back off the rug. This was all surprising to me, since normally he likes soft things. I was expecting him to think it was some piece of kitty heaven. Guess I don't know my cat as well as I thought!

After ditching the rug, I switched to my favorite tan backdrop. Ender was much happier wit that one, too. I put down a little bit of greenery in honor of Spring, and was hoping I could get him to curl up next to it. I didn't even have to try. As soon as I put it down, Ender walked over and curled up EXACTLY like I wanted him to! It was almost as if he could read my mind.

Once we put away all the backdrops, Ender got a little frisky playing on his cat condo. It was sitting next to our bright red couch, and the color scheme was too cool to pass up. Black, red, and tan are the colors in my living room and dining room. I think it is my favorite color combo:-)

All in all, I think Ender did pretty well. I think the trick to pet photography is just to let the animal do what they like, give a little guidance, and be quick with the camera. Sometimes those cute expressions can be lightning quick, so you have to be just as fast if you want the shot!

Comments

Popular Posts