Happy 1st Birthday to Nash! - {Utah Family Photography}

I have had several requests for cake smash sessions lately, which is always soooo much fun! Usually we start with regular photos, then do the cake smash, and if we can, follow up with a fun Bathtub scene. I always feel this makes a more complete story.

When I first met Nash, he was ALL smiles. Ear to ear grins! Little man was such a flirt, and I am pretty sure my heart melted all over the floor, lol. I couldn't help but fall in love with him, and I was practically jumping up and down with excitement planning his session.

We decided to do the session at the family's home in the beautiful Utah mountains. Oh.Em.Gee. My DREAM place to live!! I am such a "Mountain Girl", every time I go up into the mountains, among all the trees, my heart just soars. I almost cried on the way to their home, because it was all so beautiful. Remind me again why I live down in the busy valley???

Nash was not quite as smiley for his session, having not has as good a nap as usual. But we still got some freaking adorable smiles and amazing photos! Sometimes little ones just need a little more play time and breaks in order to be more comfortable and happy.

We were able to bring in their dog, Milo, for some of the family photos. Milo is a big, lovable Goldendoodle, one of my most favorite breeds. He was PERFECT for the whole session. In fact, once he got to know me, he kind of stuck to me like glue. I LOVE animals, and I am such a dog person. Having a dog trust me enough to want to stay right with me is always such an honor. I almost thought about sneaking him home with me, lol, but Nash really seemed to like his furry brother.

For the cake smash, I ordered the cake through The Sweetest Things Cake Shoppe. Kelli makes the BEST cakes. Seriously, so good. SO GOOD! Nash is not keen on textures and sugar, so we went with a simple naked cake, with just a light layer of frosting. But this actually fit his country theme so well! His family are all farmers, so of course we had to really show that off in his photos! But it was so funny because he didn't want to touch the cake. His solution? Just take big bites right from the cake! It was hilarious!

I think his favorite part was the Splish Splash Bath. Rubber duckies, bubbles, and water to splash in. Is there anything more fun? Nope, I can't think of anything, either! My big galvanized tub was so perfect for this bath scene, and boy, oh boy, did he love my little duckies! It's actually kinda hard to take photos when you are just enjoying watching the joy on a baby's face when they are having fun!

All in all, this was such a fun session, and we got some amazing photos. Happy Birthday, Nash!







Comments

Popular Posts