Bryan & Laurel - {Layton Engagement Photographer}

This session was extra special, because Bryan is my little bro. Well, brother-in-law, really, but I still see him as my brother. When I first met Laurel, I kept my mouth shut, but inside I was practically screaming, "She's so awesome, I want her as my sister!" I think everyone else was thinking much the same thing;-)

Bryan completely surprised Laurel when he proposed to her. She was in the process of finding a new place to live in the fall, so Brian had to act fast, lol. He took her up the mountain and proposed on a big rock, while one of his buddies recorded the whole thing from the bushes:-) So sweet!

We went to Union Station in Ogden for their engagement session. I have done quite a few sessions there, and it is one of my favorite locations. The irony is that I am DEATHLY afraid of trains. I had a panic attack only two days before this shoot because they were talking about trains at church. For some reason I am able to hold it together when I am actually at the station. I actually think trains are really cool, as long as they are not moving.

We were running quite a bit behind, and we lost the light FAST. As a result, most of the session was done in pitch dark. In fact, it was so dark I had trouble focusing on them. Thank goodness for off-camera flash! We got sooo many amazing images, and we did not even get around to doing some of the ideas I had.

BTW, I should mention that right before the shoot, Laurel said she always felt awkward in front of cameras, and was not very photogenic. I have to disagree. Maybe you will, too.

I had a really hard time narrowing down which images to show on the blog. But since they are my family and I love them, ya'll are going to just get an extra big helping:-)

Comments

Popular Posts