Gage & Remy - {Utah Newborn Photography}

Over the years I have photographed countless thousands of newborn babies. Many of these I have photographed in the hospital, often only hours after birth. That was the case with Gage and Remy, an adorable set of twins. Mom loved those images so much, she decided to bring the twins to my studio, along with their big sister.

I have photographed twins plenty of times in the hospital, but this was actually my first time with them in a studio setting, and I was super excited! I was a little worried, though, how I was going to work it out with an active two year old AND two newborns. Excited, but nervous!

When they came in, I could tell that big sister was NOT in the mood for photos. Mostly, she just wanted to play with all the fun toys in the play area. Well, I guess you can't blame her for that:-) But after working with her for a little while, she warmed up, and we were able to get some awesome images with the whole family, as well as her with her siblings, and even some just by herself.

Playing with twins in the studio is sooo much fun! And both babies were unbelievably good little models:-) Such sleepy little things! They pretty much let me pose them however we liked. It was funny, though, because all throughout the session Remy became a little pooing machine - I had a LOT of laundry to do after the session! It was pretty funny, because we couldn't figure out how such a tiny little baby could hold so much inside her, lol.

Another funny thing was some of the final portraits. I had a vision in mind of both babies propped in a basket, with little elf hats dangling down. The problem was that I only had one hat, for a little boy. So I needed another identical hat for a little girl. I had started making the hat a while before the session, and I got pretty far, but didn't quite finish. So I told mom if she just gave me about 15 min, I thought I might be able to finish so we could do this special portrait. Well, my calculations were WAY off! It took forever to finish! I think we sat there for well over an hour, and I was knitting just as fast as I could. I felt so bad that it was taking so long! But, in the end, we were able to get the amazing portraits I was hoping for, so we were all happy about that!

Okay, a note about this final image. This is actually a composite of four different images. I photographed the stork sacks hanging from a branch, with weights in the bottom. Then I photographed each baby inside the sac, as they were laying on a bean bag. Then I put all the images together. This way, we stayed safe and still got a cute image:-)

Comments

Popular Posts