Carson - {Las Vegas Children's Photography}

Before I get in to this post, let me first apologize for the sad neglect of my blog.  I am not the best at keeping up with social media, these days, lol.  But I do have a few sessions that I am planning to note, starting with this one, so be sure to stay tuned!

Carson is without a doubt one of my favorite subjects to photograph.  In fact, he is one of my favorite persons.  Seriously, words cannot express how much I love this kid.  No, he is not my own son.  He is the son of one of my best friends, and fellow photographer Vanessa Fulcher (go check out her work, she's awesome!).  I have known Carson since he was born, and I love him like he is one of my own nephews.  Every time I visit him he always gives me a great big hug, and he just loves to cuddle:-)

Vanessa had recently found the cutest little tux for Carson, and I had a brilliant idea to do some edgy photos with a smokey background, harkening back to the early 1900s.  He looked so dang cute in that little tux (even though he did NOT want to wear the cummerbund!)  We started out with just some simple shots.  Carson, as always, hammed it up for my camera, with so many adorable expressions.  I was laughing so hard at all his antics!

We used a couple of incense sticks for the smokey effect in the background, and Carson was not at all happy about it.  He was quite nervous around it, even though we should him that it was pretty harmless.  After a while he warmed up to it a bit, so I was able to get some awesome images.  I think I was really able to pull off the look I was going for:-)


This is one of my faves!  I call it "The Barker".  Can't you just here him calling, "Step right up, Ladies & Gentleman, to the Greatest Show on Earth!"

*sigh* Such a handsome little guy.  Who could not fall in love with this face?


This face is classic:-)  I love it!




He reminds me  of a little Alfred Hitchcock here.  Aren't those cheeks to die for?

Comments

Sarah, you did a GREAT job!!!! These brought laughs and smiles from Nick and me!!! You are phenomenal at capturing Carson's personality. I love the drama you created in each image, too. Thank you for images we will treasure for a lifetime!!!!!

Popular Posts