Tyson & Angela - {Utah Wedding Photography}

I recently had the pleasure of 2nd shooting with the fabulous and talented Shanea Fulks.  We both worked at the same wedding chapel in Las Vegas, though at different times.  Now we are both here in Utah, with our own studios.  I was thrilled when Shanea asked me to 2nd shoot one of her weddings!

So what is a 2nd shooter?  A lot happens in a wedding day, and the main photographer cannot always be everywhere all at once.  So often the 2nd shooter covers what the main photographer cannot.  They also focus on capturing expressions, emotions, and details that the main photographer may not always see.  Often, the art style of the 2nd shooter is different from the main photographer, which means the couple gets a very wide variety of images from their wedding day in two unique styles.  It's like having two weddings in one!

On this particular day, we had the honor of photographing the wedding of Tyson and Angela, a cute young couple who were married in the Salt Lake Temple.  It was a VERY busy day there (over 50 weddings!), but we were still able to get some breathtaking images from all over the grounds of the temple.  Really, I have to say this is some of my very best work EVER!  So many draw-dropping, breathtaking images!  I really hope the couple loves these as much as I do:-)

I love the soaring architecture of the SL Temple.  To get this shot, I had to lie flat on my back on the stairs below them!





Can you see the Angel Moroni?  Such a classic image!

Again, if you look closely, you can see the Angel Moroni peeking through the branches.  This was tricky because the wind had picked up, and the branches were swaying all over the place. 


I call this one "Moonlight Kiss".  Yes, this was actually taken right in the middle of the day.  Some creative Photoshop techniques can turn day in to night!

The sunflare on this one is pretty sweet!  Funny story:  This was the last image we took on the grounds, and I knew I wanted to do something really amazing.  As I was setting this shot up, I had my lights on a stand right next to them.  But the wind picked up and the lights crashed on to the pavement, breaking one of them.  No matter, I just grabbed Shanea to be my "light stand", and we were still able to create this breathtaking image.  And don't worry, all my equipment is insured:-)


Comments

Popular Posts