Snakes, Lizards, and Models!


Sometimes I like to do things just for me.  And everyone knows how much I love snakes and lizards!  When the opportunity arose to participate in a class with models and reptiles, I jumped on it!

I don't often get the chance to work with professional models.  I can say that posing them is so much easier!  LOL  They just seem to naturally know what to do with only a little guidance.  It was pretty fun!  But even more fun for me was working with the snakes and lizards.  They were provided by Scales and Tails, and they brought in a full set of animals to work with, including several types of pythons, an anaconda, a water monitor, a selection of smaller snakes, and even some tarantulas and scorpions!!  Truthfully, it was more fun seeing the animals than the models, lol.  I studied wildlife back in college, so I kind of have a soft spot for all critters.

They had a lot of lighting set up, but I wanted to try something a little different.  Almost all the images I took were using only an on camera Flash unit, bounced off a wall.  It is one of the simplest forms of lighting, but you can still achieve amazing things from it!!

Here are some of my favorites.  I have more of just some of the animals, but I will save that for a different post!

Comments

Popular Posts