Tasha & Deron - Salt Lake City Library

I love when my clients want to do something "different".  I love what I do, but there have been times where it seems like every bride wants to go to the same location and do the same thing as everyone else.  The first couple of times it can be fun, but then it starts to get a little dull for me.  So any time a bride says she wants to do something completely outside the norm, and really personalize the sessions, my heart just sings!

Tasha and Deron are avid readers.  In fact, Deron proposed to Tasha in a bookstore, and the ring was cleverly hidden inside a book, "The Fault in Our Stars", which he had previously purchased and hollowed out.  Tasha didn't notice the ring at first, lol, but she was pretty excited when she finally saw it.

Originally, we thought about going to a bookstore to do their engagement session.  That turned out to be a bit tricky.  Fortunately, we thought of the Salt Lake City Library!  I had never been there before, but I had heard good things about it.  And holy crap is is gorgeous inside!!  The architecture is amazing.  So many leading lines!  Sorry, that's a little "Artist Speak", lol, but if you are an artist like me you will know what I am talking about!

I think my favorite thing was the giant book mobile.  It was a perfect element in their photos!  It was fun to have the little books framing them.

Here are some of my favorite images from their session.  I can hardly wait until their wedding!

The book in the middle is the same book he proposed with!


I LOVE this book mobile!  I would love something like this in my house.  But maybe a little smaller, lol.


We tried doing some shots on the roof where the garden was, but there is not much garden in the middle of winter.  Fortunately, we were blessed with a spectacular sunset!


Comments

Popular Posts