Stylized Shoot Part 1 [Utah Wedding Photographer]

Every once in a while, you just want to get out and play. Try some new things. Expand your skills. The time to practice something new is not during a client's paid photoshoot, or in the middle of a wedding. Just as a musician needs to practice and practice before performing on stage, I feel the same is true for photography as well. Practice, practice, practice, before trying it out with a paying client (because a client really does not want to sit around forever while you figure out what to do!).

A Stylized Shoot is great for practicing! We hire models, rent clothing, and even hire florists, cake decorators, venues, etc. Some shoots can be simple, and others very elaborate.

This shoot was planned by my colleague, Sarah Sorenson. I loved that she chose Jensen Nature Park as our location. It is very close to my house, and I have driven past it a number of times. However, I have never had the opportunity to photograph there, so this was a lot of fun! It was GORGEOUS, and Mother Nature pulled out all the stops for us! You don't get epic cloud formations every day. And then combine that with an over-the-top sunset? Magic. Pure magic.

Our cake was a cute "naked cake", made by Sweet Cravings.  A naked cake is usually a simple cake made without forsting or fondant around the outside. They have become very popular with vintage-themed weddings. This one had yummy berries on it for accent. Mmmm, berries.....

I have to give props to our fabulous couple, Roxanne and Brandon. They have actually been married for a couple of years, but they were happy to step in for us as a bridal couple. They were so cute, and I LOVED Roxanne's dress from Celebrate Everyday dress rentals.

We had another couple to work with as well, but I will save them for the next post!

Here are some of my faves with Roxanne and Brandon!
Mmmm....cake. And look how the sun is reflecting off of that cool gold cloth! So pretty!
Lovely flowers by Breezy Floral in Bountiful!
Gorgeous Sunset glow! I really loved the tall grasses behind them!
I love this candid moment between them, and nothing but sky around them! Simple and beautiful!


This. This is just epic!  Look at those clouds!! Yes, this is all real, and I am in LOVE with this image. This one may end up as new sample in my studio:-)

As the sun set, the colors in the sky really started to pop!


A little different pose, and a long narrow crop. A little different, but so dreamy! Who wouldn't love this hanging on their wall?



Comments

Popular Posts