Every Woman is Beautiful - {Utah Portrait Photography}

I have been working on an amazing personal project, one that I am very proud of.

I live in Utah, and I follow a lot of other photographers in the area on their Social Media pages. We have some very talented photographers here! However, I started to notice something. All the girls in the photos looked basically the same - young, skinny, looooong hair, nearly always white. Where were all the other women? The short ones, the ones with glasses, the ones with short hair, the ones who had some extra weight, the ones with different skin color, the older ones? I know those women exist, because I see them EVERYWHERE. But where is their representation?

So I decided to do a little project. I have invited women of all ages, all body types, all hair types, etc to come to a photoshoot with me. I want these women to feel GORGEOUS, as they should! I want women everywhere to see these photos and know there are others like them, and they are beautiful! I want to shed this idea that there is only one ideal form of beauty. We are beautiful because we are different, unique, amazing, talented, intelligent women!

Here are a few of my first participants. If you would love to be a part of the project, please contact me at sstiles@sarahstilesphotography.com




























Comments

Popular Posts