Meet Hannah - {Utah Newborn Photography}

Every once in a while, I get a little newborn in my studio who is just a DREAM to work with. That was Hannah. She was a teeny weeny 5lb peanut, who slept like a rock for her entire session, and let me swaddle and reswaddle her quite a few times. I thought for sure she would wake up several times, but she was very content to snooze away.

Back in late November, I was able to photograph the birth of Hannah's cousin, Vivienne. So it was a joy and honor to be able to photograph Hannah as well. Maybe it's just me, but I always feel more attached to my clients when they come from the same families, lol. But these two little girls could not be more different.

Vivienne was much bigger at birth, weighing over 8lbs, while Hannah was 3 lbs lighter. For us adults, a 3 lbs difference in weight is nothing. But for babies, that can make such a huge difference! These little ones just seem a little more delicate, and there are certain features on a preemie that you don't see as much with bigger babies. Like that fuzzy little hair they have all over. I LOVE those fuzzy hairs!!! It was one of my favorite newborn features. I also love how wrinkly preemies are, like they haven't quite grown into their skin yet, lol.

I have been working on developing my NEW composites for newborns, which you can now see up on my website. This is something very fun and different from your average newborn session. I love composites because they allow us to let our imaginations to really sing. I create all kinds of different sets that I can use over and over. I photograph the baby separately, and then composite them into the scene. I am so excited about these and all the things we can do with them!

Hannah was an obliging little model for me. I was able to photograph her in a number of different poses and angles. I already had my digital sets ready, so I knew exactly how I wanted to photograph her. This allows me to put her in the scenes naturally and realistically. I was able to create some great new scenes to add to my portfolio!

Okay, enough talk! I know most of you don't read it anyway, lol. You just want to see the pretty pictures!! Well, here ya go!!























Comments

Popular Posts