Lily the Duck - {Utah Pet Photographer}

I am always in search of fun new subjects to photograph. I found this little orphan duckling while out on a walk with my dog. I brought her home, and i will be raising her until she is old enough to return to the pond.

So far she is doing very well. This is not my first experience raising a duckling, so I am confident that she will thrive.

She is also learning to get along with my dog, Orion. Or should I say, Orion is learning to get along with her! They have taken naps together and seem companionable, although I would never leave the two alone together.

FYI - I am very skilled at working with animals and understand their behavior. DO NOT attempt to introduce your dog to any form of wildlife without first consulting a professional. Also, for the record, ducks do not make good pets. They are cute when they are little, but they grow very quickly. They are quite messy and smelly. Baby ducks must be fed every four hours, morning and night. Yes, it is a lot of work!!

Okay, now I that I am done with disclaimer, on to the pictures!
Do you have an unusual "pet"? You could qualify for a FREE photo session! Send an email to sstiles@sarahstilesphotography.com or call 801-635-6884.

Comments

Popular Posts