Dachshund Puppies! - {Utah and Idaho Pet Photographer}

I LOVE doing pet portraits! I know that lifetstyle portraits are very popular right now, and I do those, too, but there is something so very fun and unique when I do studio portraits of pets. I have heard some people say that studio portraits of pets are "stiff" and "formal". I find this to be absolutely untrue! I think animals can show their personality no matter where they are:-)

These puppies were incredible. For the most part, we set them into place, I clicked the shutter once, and we were done. I wish all my subjects were that easy! We spent much more time setting up and taking down the sets, lol. Even the group photos were not too bad. The hardest was the group shot of them in the hammock. It was right at the end, and they were all so sleepy, they just wanted to curl up (wouldn't you if you were swinging peacefully in a hammock?). But, we were able to grab the shot, and then we sent them back to momma for a nap.


In case anyone is wondering, yes, these are all younger siblings to my own dachshund, Orion. There are three females (both black and tans are female) and two males, and all are looking for a good home. If you are interested in adopting one of these cuties, please contact me at 801-635-6884 for more info.




The "Sack of Potatoes" shot has become very popular with baby photographers, thanks to Kelley Ryden. I decided to try it with one of the puppies. He LOVED it, and fell fast asleep as soon as I had him wrapped up, lol.

Comments

Pat Wimpee said…
very nice Sarah! That hammock one could be a postcard! Great job!
Kyla Duffy said…
Beautiful photos, Sarah! We're about to publish a Dachshund book that supports dog rescue - I wish I knew about you a few weeks ago! Would love to include some of your photos in upcoming books, if you're interested. Please learn more about our efforts to support dog rescue at http://happytailsbooks.com
kimber said…
ha ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard at that doggy bundle. Too adorable!

Popular Posts