Kindra & Jason - {Las Vegas Wedding Photographer}

I have done a lot of work for family members over the years. Years ago I was always the one called on to do cake decorating. It is such a creative outlet, and tons of fun. Unfortunately, my hands started to really ache (Thank you, Mom, for passing on the arthritis gene!), and, quite frankly, I really hated cleaning up the mess, lol.

Nowadays, I am called on for my photographic skills. Kindra has done some photography herself, and has actually assisted me in several other weddings. So it was really quite an honor to be able to photograph her own wedding. And may I say, Jason is AMAZING:-) His quick wit kept us all rolling in the aisle (not literally, of course, unless you count the little kids).

This wedding proved to be a challenge in that I was not allowed to use a flash during the ceremony. Even the the brightest chapels, it can be quite dark for cameras. Thanks to modern technology, very light sensitive cameras are being used by photographers to avoid these difficult situations. I don't have that equipment yet (hey, it's a recession, people - food is more important than toys), so I had to be very creative.

Now, sometimes, even the best photographers make mistakes. I am not the best, so I think that allows me a few extra, but I am not sure. At any rate, my big UH-OH was in not checking ALL of my gear before heading to the wedding. Shortly before the ceremony I realized I needed to change the battery on my camera (it is always a good idea to change to a fresh battery before the ceremony, so you can be sure not to miss any important shots). But alas! No battery was to be found! My extra batteries AND the chargers were sitting in my room, half an hour away. There was no time to go back for them. So I did what any normal person would do. I cried.

Then an angel came, bearing gifts:-) One of the guests, and a good friend of the bride's family, happened to have a full camera set-up, and offered to loan it to me. Hooray! My battery actually lasted the entire ceremony, so I had TWO cameras at my disposal. What a delight! Aside from nearly choking myself to death with two cameras hanging around my neck, it could not have been any better.

The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was tons of fun, and the cake was delicious. Kindra and Jason, congratulations on the beginning of your life together. I truly hope you will always find joy in each other all the days of your life.

And, yes, OF COURSE, there are pictures!











Comments

Popular Posts