Shane & Jacque - {Utah Wedding Photography, Tuscany Gardens}

Shane and Jacque are such an adorable couple!  Really, I can't say that enough, lol.  My favorite thing about them is how layed back and easygoing they are.  I think it really helped their special day go much smoother, and every body was able to relax and just enjoy the moment.

The ceremony took place at the Tuscany Gardens in Roy, UT.  It was outside, in the middle of the day, in August.  Holy Frijoles, it was HOT out there!  I was pretty certain that all the guests were going to melt in to little puddles before the ceremony was over, lol.  But it seemed everyone was enjoying themselves anyway, and we all made it in to the very air conditioned building before anyone got heat stroke:-)

One of my favorite parts of the reception was the Sand ceremony.  I have seen lots of Sand ceremonies.  Hundreds, in fact!  But I have never seen one like this.  Usually, the bride and the groom each have a color of sand that they pour together in to a large vase.  However, this time they each had their color (to match the wedding colors!), the priest had a color (white), and they poured the sand in to a custom made hourglass.  It took a while to get all the sand to pour in, lol.  Every year on their anniversary they can turn the hourglass over.  The sand will mix all together, symbalizing that their love is unified and they cannot be divided.  Such a neat idea!

During the formal images, I wanted to do something fun and unique.  I found a little arbor, and though it would make a cute spot for a romantic portrait.  Tony, the owner of Tuscany Gardens, proclaimed that he had never seen a really successful portrait done there, because the light about the arbor was so bright and created harsh lighting and deep shadows.  But I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and I am so happy that it came out brilliantly:-)

Then, just to show my daredevil crazy side, I decided I wanted a shot of the couple from above them.  This required me to crawl out on a very narrow ledge, while everyone (and I mean EVERYONE!) watched with baited breath.  The resulting image is GORGEOUS!  Oh, what i do for my art:-)

Okay, enough chatter.  On to the photos!  I had trouble narrowing it down to a few faves, so there are bunches:-)







My fave part of this image?  Look at the ring-bearer's reaction in the background;-)




This is the spot that Tony said wouldn't work with the light on.  Good thing he is not a photographer!  LOL





Yes, this is the one where I risked life and limb to get the shot!  Sooo worth it!  PS, I am entering this one in to the Utah State Fair this year!




Comments

Popular Posts