The DeMille Family - {Utah Family Photographer}

Cheryl is a lactation consultant at one of the hospitals where I work, and we have become great friends. A few months ago I had the opportunity to do photos for her newest grandchild just a day after he was born:-)

Cheryl's whole family was getting together for a weekend, which means a great time to do a family photo shoot! She knew right away that I was the right photographer for the job. The shoot was scheduled right in the middle of the day, which means some really tricky lighting. Fortunately, I have had a lot of experience shooting in mid-day light. Not my favorite, but I can make it work.

We decided to head out to Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake City. This is a very popular spot for photography, as there are just so many great nooks and crannies to photograph in. It was actually kind of funny. I arrived on sight an hour early to scope out some great spots. There were very few people there, so I was pretty free to roam and around and take my time testing my lighting and so forth. By the time the family arrived, a few other photographers could be seen with families in tow. And by the end of our session? Photographers everywhere! There were LINES for the prime spots! I think I counted at least a dozen photographers during the course of the afternoon. Crazy!

Despite the bright sun, high heat, and uncooperative kiddies, I think we got some great images!

Comments

Popular Posts